Palin Posts: Sharing Some and Not Really Writing One.

So its been quite a week for our good ol’ boy McCain. On the heels of the DNC and in the midst of a hurricane, he announced his VP choice.

What, you didn’t hear? …Yeah right.

Palin has been dropped into the middle of the political scene, her entire life spilled out onto our national sidewalk, to be picked through, stepped on and assessed.

In my view? It needs some assessing. And you know that isn’t a partisan opinion either.

But I have to say, I have not been quick to paw through her stuff and sky-write my opinion. I am just too damn overwhelmed. There is too much to consider, too much to say but quite a bit to separate also: the real issues and then her personal issues. They are over-lapping, whether they should or not.

And yup, she’s a woman and I’m a feminist. And? Sure, I appreciate that the Republican party seems to want a woman VP. (I say “seems” assuming McCain really truly didn’t pick a woman to strictly gather left-over HRC votes. A crazy idea, right… right?) But that’s about as far as my feminist tendancies stay on board. After that, my feminist tendencies and I jump ship.

I guess I have been just kind of sitting here, with my mouth agape, trying to wrap my head around exactly what McCain was thinking.

While I am still not quite able to form complete sentences about the Republican veep choice, I am able to read about her. Like we all have been. And as I read, I started to gather together my favorite posts. A collection of sorts. And I thought I would share it. Check them out.

The Third Rail

Sarah Palin and Mommy Wars.

Why Sarah Palin is Good For Feminism.

I Want Sarah Palin in a Bad Way.

It’s Stuff Like This…

Palin in Comparison to Biden.

An Astonishingly Arrogant VP Selection.

No Way. No How. No Palin.

Palin Bashing.

Sarah Palin and Her Children.

As I am posting this, Palin is officially accepting the Republican nomination for VP right here -live- in my living room. While I post this, my brilliant blogger counterparts are probably doing a fabulous job of dissecting her speech and stringing it up so we are fully made aware of its innards. I’ll be reading. I am sure you’ll be reading. Do you have any favorite Palin posts? Share them below.

Meanwhile, back to the RNC. I mean… what the… I just can’t… how can she… why is this… how could they…

Yeah, I am still at a loss over here. So many thanks to all of you whose brains are working and making complete sense of this utter train wreck.

#1 tcmom on 09.04.08 at 10:34 am

Oh I have to add this one by Gloria Steinem. Thanks to Pundit Mom for sharing it on Twitter.

#2 susanlindgren on 09.04.08 at 12:31 pm

I love how Obama is mock for his “celebirity” status- with no meat to her speech last night I am left scratching my head- Sarah Palin “celebirty” in the making??

#3 Mrsbear on 09.04.08 at 1:03 pm

Thanks for the links, I feel like I have a lot to digest as well.

#4 Coma Girl on 09.04.08 at 1:16 pm

I liked this one from this morning:

#5 tcmom on 09.04.08 at 2:16 pm

Here’s Dr. Laura!

#6 ilinap on 09.04.08 at 3:00 pm

I am still sick over this. Her speech last night was riddled with sarcasm, mockery, and vitriol. And her jokes sucked. Personally, I don’t want a lipstick wearing pitbull in the White House.

#7 Corina on 09.04.08 at 4:34 pm

Here is my take on last night. http://www.dtemama.com/?p=82. I cursed for the very first time in a post. I was that mad at both Giuliani and Palin. They put down good people, and I won’t stand for it.

#8 Corina on 09.04.08 at 4:46 pm

Note: I wasn’t the only one who felt that way. Plouffe and many others were also angry, as I found out this afternoon.

#9 Suzanne B on 09.05.08 at 10:01 am

I agree with you on all of this! It’s overwhelming and as a feminist I refuse to just let someone make the choice for me because of her sex or someone’s race!

It will be an interesting few months.

and Yes, you may linky or whatever you want from my post about breast cancer! :) Thank you for coming to read it.

#10 Alumbrados on 09.05.08 at 11:43 am

Hullo Caroline.

You invited me to make a political comment on the situation in the United States. I hope this is the correct post. And I hope you have not put your foot in it for asking my comment.

You may in fact be trying to delete links between our blogs…

Well, to start with, my blog is quite political, and for all you bloggers to know, CAROLINE inspired me to start a blog 18 days ago, and since then I have had 1800 hits. Which means about 100 a day.

Thank you Caroline!

Please pay me a visit one day on my blog… you will never see the world in quite the same way again!

I hope this is not too cheeky. However, you asked me for a political view. I support the FBI:

“The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists”.

– J. Edgar Hoover, FBI Director 1924-1972, quoted in The Elks Magazine (August 1956)
Hullo Caroline.

You may in fact be trying to delete links between our blogs…

Thank you Caroline!

#11 tcmom on 09.05.08 at 11:58 am

Alumbrados – Hello back! (Just to introduce everyone, he and I went to high school together in Swaziland.) Thanks for your comments. I am collecting them and hope to write a post soon about my international friends’ perspective on our election. There is no deleting you, I promise. :)

#12 Karen on 09.05.08 at 5:51 pm

Great post! I totally agree with you.

Personally, I am honestly so fed up of the republicans touting how historic, monumental and important it is for us to have this female vee pee. That we should support her as women and feminists in a non-partisan way. Well, if it was so important to you to have a woman, any woman, crack that glass ceiling, where were you when we almost had a female PRESIDENTIAL nominee?

Sorry, now new posts to add, but its’ nice to see another Obama supporter and blogger in Florida!

#13 Paula on 09.05.08 at 9:10 pm

Wow, great post and thanks also to the person who linked that Steinham article. So powerful! I’m Canadian but Cdn politics are BORING. I found you on MBC, btw…

#14 Jennae @ Green Your Decor on 09.05.08 at 11:14 pm

I have my own, very strong opinions about the reason McCain selected a female VP. Suffice it to say in this case, he could have done better. Her speech was a shining example that, even without the whole pregnancy scandal, she has no business in the White House. I love voting for president, but I truly hate the politics. I try not to let myself get sucked in, but something tells me this campaign is going to get a lot dirtier before its all said and done.

#15 Alumbrados on 09.06.08 at 1:41 pm

However, I thinks its best I remain anonymous, given the nature of my post.

Apart from links to Alumbrados, of course.

#16 tcmom on 09.06.08 at 1:45 pm

Alumbrados – I hear you!

Thanks everyone for the comments!

I have been on a politics mental break these last couple days. I find myself getting so worked up recently. A break feels good.