Gay Is Love

People are dying because of who they choose to love. People are not being allowed to marry because of who they choose to love. People are not being allowed to serve our country because of who they choose to love. People are being told God abhors them because of who they choose to love. People are being bullied and abused and cursed at and ignored and isolated and hated because of who they choose to love.

Its LOVE people. And crushes. And sex. And holding hands. And relationships. And picking out furniture. And commitment. And families. And growing old together.

These are good, beautiful, wonderful things to have in this world.

I’m going out on a limb here but I’m pretty sure God is totally down with good, loving, wonderful things. I mean, He created love after all. And I’m not claiming to be the Pope or anything but I have this feeling God is absolutely NOT down with hateful, bigoted, angry acts against another person. It’s just a hunch, but I’m going with it.

So. Stop it.

And if you aren’t encouraging hate yourself, stop ignoring it. Or if you see someone being hateful, say something.

NORMALIZE LOVE.

Because love is good. Hate is bad.

The end.

Please watch:

Please contribute with your words here.

#1 Tweets that mention Gay Is Love — Morningside Mom -- Topsy.com on 10.02.10 at 1:51 pm

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Morningsidemom, Morningsidemom. Morningsidemom said: @alotofnothing Mine is up, linked to yours. Gay Is Love. http://www.morningsidemom.com/2010/10/02/gay-is-love/ [...]

#2 Alisha on 10.02.10 at 1:59 pm

Thank you for this…love is the only rule. And moms, dads, aunts, uncles, people in general? Tolerance begins at home.

#3 60secondparent on 10.02.10 at 3:38 pm

Well said – wish more people thought like you :) One of the best things we can do as parents is model love for all. You are right with your comment: “And if you aren’t encouraging hate yourself, stop ignoring it. Or if you see someone being hateful, say something” .

#4 Cami on 10.02.10 at 8:38 pm

Amen.
Cami´s last [type] ..Seldom Sans Stitching

#5 Gay is OK | A Whole Lot of Nothing on 10.03.10 at 8:09 am

[...] Morningside Mom [...]

#6 Grumble Girl on 10.03.10 at 8:09 am

That is EXACTLY right in every way. Yay!!
Grumble Girl´s last [type] ..Little Girl

#7 Deb Rox on 10.03.10 at 8:26 am

I want you to be Pope. Or President or Secretary of Good ness or something. Xoxo

#8 Don’t let the bullies win | mamikaze on 10.04.10 at 10:12 am

[...] Morningside Mom [...]

#9 Susan Wenner Jackson on 10.04.10 at 10:53 am

The minister at my church (Unitarian Universalist, natch) told a great story during her sermon a few months ago. She said whenever she hears her stepson and his teenage friends make gay jokes or negative comments, she just says “Gay is great.” It’s simple, sweet way to let them know how she feels, and that talking trash about gays is not OK in her house. I’ve adopted it myself, and I say it all the time. Gay is great. Gay is great!

#10 Elaine on 10.05.10 at 3:14 pm

AMEN, my sista.

I know so, SO many LGBT adults who are living happy, fulfilling lives….PLEASE, don’t let these kids believe the lie that they are better off dead! WE NEED THEM.

I mean, think about the adults you know. The gay ones are probably mostly AWESOME and the former bullies/gay bashers are likely TOTAL LOSERS. We need you gay kids to grow up and be cool adults! I’m counting on you to make a great tomorrow!

And, totally, I promise…your life…it gets better, kid.

#11 Suzanne on 10.07.10 at 10:27 am

I love this post! (love the blog too!) Thanks to you and many more like you millions in the LGBT community will feel less hated by society. Love is beautiful and should be shared and cherished, not hated! :)

#12 TinkAe on 10.12.10 at 12:26 pm

This is a very timely post. I feel very strongly that the bigotry will change, if we will it & stand together for love & life & mutual respect. Please, please, live to see it!