If you live in the Tampa Bay area, tell me you have already saved the date, right? Yep, Saturday, June 26th is coming up and The Motherhood, Hebrew National and all of the blogger co-hosts have a very fun picnic planned for that day. And we really reeeeally want you and your family to come.
And why should you? Well, here are my top five reasons WHY you MUST come.
1) Get your grub on. Who wants to think up lunch for the whole family when it’s already there waiting for you? With fun and games too. It’s a lunch no brainer.
2) Be one with nature. E. G. Simmons Park is located in Ruskin on Tampa Bay. You’ll enjoy all that is beautiful about our local environs. Our coastline is so damn beautiful it will make you weepy – and you know it. Don’t forget the camera!
3) Watch me wrangle three boys. They aren’t all mine but I will be parenting them that day. And they like to fight. You might want to grab food from reason #1, park yourself on a bench and watch them have at it. I promise to try and keep my scolding G rated. It’s a family event after all.
4) The Mechanical bull. Ride ‘em cowboy. And you think I’m kidding? Check out the video taken by Mommy Words at her local Hebrew National picnic!
5) The Oil Spill. That’s right, here’s your chance to DO SOMETHING. A representative from the National Wildlife Federation will be there to answer questions. And we will be hosting a service activity aimed at giving children a chance to assist with the oil spill. We will also be collecting donated items which can help oil spill relief. The organizations we are supporting have donation lists here:
Some useful items to bring could be:
- Dawn dishsoap
- Wire or bolt cutters
- Paper towels
- Hand sanitizer
- Sand paper
- Bungee cords
- Work gloves (medium. large, extra large)
The other blog hosts will be (drum roll please because they are fab)…
Connie Roberts from Brain Foggles
Tracey Henry from Suburban Diva
Janet Dean from Green Mom Review
UPDATE: And we just found out one other very special guest will be there too…. ELMO!!!
WHEN: Saturday, June 26th from 11:30 AM – 3:30 PM
E. G. Simmons Park
2401 19th Avenue, N.W.
Ruskin, FL 33570
(Off U.S. 41 in South Hillsborough County)
Important update: Be sure to mention at the park’s entrance that you are there for the “Hebrew National Picnic” to receive free admission!
The event is on Facebook too!
FTC Disclaimer: The Motherhood and Hebrew National are compensating me to host and promote this event.